Thursday, June 7, 2012

Events: Buffalo Corporate Challenge

     Buffalo's biggest short distance race happens this evening in the form of the Corporate Challenge (tied with the Turkey Trot), in which QCLA and over 13,000 of our closest friends will be representing area business's in a 3.5 mile race through the beautiful streets of Buffalo, NY. The Buffalo Corporate challenge is the biggest in the country, the only other one in the same ballpark in the Chicago race of the same name.
     Not surprisingly, this is also one of the biggest party events of the year for all who are involved, as companies put up giant tents all over the grounds of Delaware Park, and the smell of hotdogs, hamburgers, and corn on the cob waft all around the park (i would have mentioned the beer, but that smell doesn't really waft). Plus there is usually some frisbee, Kanjam, and other fun pick up games, since the park is more than large enough to accomodate everyone and more.

     The course itself is pretty nice, mostly a jot down and back on Delaware Ave, which is 75% flat (the other 25% and can kill you on the way back a little) and the scenary is very nice, not that the top runners get to enjoy it too much, with blazing paces in the 17 minute range, i'm not sure they see anything but victory in their eyes!
     So if you're one of the 13k coming down, have a blast (and look for me by the baseball diamonds), and if not, encourage your company to join next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment